| || Singer Class 15 bobbin case |
We've all been there. Staring at the bobbin and can't remember which way it goes into the bobbin case...
The rule of thumb is that the thread slides along the groove under the tension spring in the OPPOSITE direction from how it wraps around the bobbin.
Here's the step by step for a Singer Class 15 bobbin case:
1. Hold bobbin case in LEFT hand with open side pointing to the right.
2. Hold bobbin in RIGHT hand with thread feeding TOWARD you over the top of the bobbin .
3. Insert bobbin into bobbin case with a right to left motion.
4. Slide thread into the notch in the open side of the bobbin case.
5. Pull thread up and to the left, sliding thread under the flat tension spring.
6. Keep pulling until thread pops into the notch at the top of the tension spring
Note: Photos show everything being held in the left hand because I was holding the camera with my right hand.
Visit "Cheat Sheets" page to download a printable quick reference.
Here's what it looks like from the side on a Featherweight or 301 bobbin case:
Now that the bobbin is in the case, the next step is to insert the bobbin case into the machine. That's where the little lift lever on the front comes into play. It keeps the bobbin from falling out of the case while you pop the case into the machine:
Voila, you're done!
This basic process works in most standard bobbin cases, but there are always exceptions. When in doubt, track down a copy of the instruction manual for your machine.
OldSewinGear...dedicated to helping you get the most out of your old sewing gear.